June 13, 2015

[EMS] Lionheart Battle Boots - Star Force Enhancements


Hi guys! The Star Force update has arrived a few days ago. Consider my only finished scrolled equip that's ready for enhancement is my Lionheart Battle Boots, I gave it a try.

I decided to leave the amount of enhances to 10 (stars) for now. Free Market is being unstable because of the enormous mesos drain so I would like reduce my spendings to a minimum for a while. I might upgrade it a few more times later, but keep in mind I don't like risking equipment to a destruction rate so I would prefer using Protection Scrolls for even the littlest chance of that.

Eventually Protection Scrolls won't work, so I would need to have several backup shoes in that case... but let's say I am very satisfied with 10 stars as well. The only equip that really needs to have the maximum amount of possible stars would be my Ribgol haha.

The bonuses per enhancement might not seem that high, in example +2 STR and +2 DEX per upgrade, but keep in mind: if you succeed ten of them, you actually gain quite some stats in total...

I'm still working on the Flame of Reincarnations on my equips, consider the Bonus Stats for my shoes are fixed and doesn't rely on total stats. Hence why I could enhance the shoes immediately. Unlike my Ribgol Sword, that has to have a specific amount of Weapon Attack to gain more per enhancement.

Of course, as mentioned before in my previous update post about my Lionheart Battle Boots, I'm still aiming for Self Combat Orders so the Potential will change in the future. Which also is related to this post about my Inner Ability.

Interesting fact: this is my only enhanced equipment I currently use on Rayque.


About the Star Force update though, I'm quite satisfied with the Hero improvements.
It's good to see "Monster Magnet" being back. When Monster Magnet had been removed a year ago and was substituted by Combo Force I was slightly unhappy that it would now required one Combo Orb to cast. Sure, the amount of hits was doubled (even with damage reduction that's an upgrade for sure) and the amount of monsters that would be pulled went to 8 (starting from 6), but Monster Magnet was an important tool to use because of its reach and stun chance (which was 100% rate).

Having 80% Stun Rate instead and thus 80% chance to not consume a Combo Orb, seemed fair. You would still need one Combo Orb in order to use it. The higher the group of monsters that were hit, the more chance you had to not consume a Combo Orb (consider every monster had an individual 80% rate). However, that disables Combo Force to become spamable to one point (in example when you missed an enemy through miss rate, low amount of spawn or unlucky aim) - having 80% Stun Rate doesn't guarantee Chance Attack to activate as well. Sure, I did adapt to it very quickly and I'm now used to it.

However, the Star Force Update removed the Combo Orb requirement and made it count as a regular attack (like Rush and Shout). It doesn't require Combo Attack to be Toggled On, which is great. However, unlike most of our attacks - which has 80% to charge a Combo Attack no matter how many enemies are applied to the attack (due to Combo Synergy), Combo Force will charge an Orb with any of the enemies that get stunned. Which is by the way great! Since RED our Combo charge rate has been dropped from 100% to 80% (with some new notable charge-features as a trade), it's interesting to see to have a skill that charges up Combo's more quickly than our other attacks. I would like to see that guaranteed charge (and/or stun) rate once again, but I don't expect it to be soon if it happens.

The new Rage Uprising cooldown (from 30 to 10 seconds) is something I'm very happy with. It bothered me during the initial release of Hyper Skills a few years ago that it had 30 seconds, if you would compare it to other classes that have a similar type of move. I know that it was traded by having better passive Hypers on Hero and that we virtually don't need ultimates (because our mobbing is already hefty and most ultimates slows your total mobility down). It will be a welcomed addition with spamming Puncture to me.

I can't deny that because I play Hero that often that I have to get used to the "new" Combo Force and Rage Uprising's cooldown. Self Recovery's upgrade is also a valuable change in my view, even if I don't really see the difference, because you know, I barely lose HP at the maps I often go - even before the revamp. Heh.

That's it for now guys. I'll see you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment