April 15, 2017

[EMS] Fourth Legendary Potential GET!


Hi guys! In a more positive light for this week, one heck of a significant milestone has been achieved - my Ribgol is now Legendary! This has definitely been something I have been greatly looking forward to for a couple of years now.

Most of you recurring readers might know already that this little fellow has been my trusted sword for five years already. Yes, it's been already five whopping years since I've obtained my Ribgol! To be more precise: 5 years, 3 months and 11 days.

Originally the Potential on my Ribgol was 6% Attack, 3% Total Damage and 3% Total Damage, Epic ranked. It was my intention to keep the Potential like that until I would have plenty of opportunities to manage something better, given it takes quite a number of cubes to "perfect" an equipment (obviously the term "perfect" may vary between players and thus really is a subjective thing). With all of the recent additions to Maple, especially the (relatively speaking) ease of obtaining cubes with a little bit of effort, it helped a lot to kick-start a lot of my (recent) progress. Unfortunately the amount of cubes required to get to a point of "perfection" at the moment, is better invested in getting everything to Legendary first. It can easily take a few hundred cubes before you get something as close as "perfect", so you might understand my choice of getting my other equipment to Legendary first.

Just as a small note for some readers who missed out on how my Ribgol is upgraded, given it has gained 36 STR, 27 DEX, 36 INT, 27 LUK and 97 Attack in 9 slots - my Ribgol has been partially upgraded with Additional Options (AO's for short). Unfortunately the display of Additional Options are bugged, and not every stat on a piece of equip with AO's is shown until for some reason Enhancements are applied to that item. Anyway, to further explain this display issue, look at the image below:


Notice the absence of the "Damage: 3% (0% +3%)" in green under Weapon Attack.

This display issue "debuted" with the 5th Job update, because this update changes the way how Additional Options are shown to make it easier to understand what you're getting as AO's... At least, not for EMS apparently. Not sure why Nexon decided to not implement this feature though, but it makes it a tad harder to communicate what AO's your equipment has in-game without sharing screenshots outside the game. If you have screenshots, that is.
 
So yeah, my Ribgol also has 3% Total Damage. Which is now, considered unlisted. The stat is still there, it just doesn't show up until you Enhance your equipment. Which I won't do yet with my Ribgol, because one Star Force would immediately disable me to use any other Enhancements and thus would ruin this item for good. You cannot use an Innocence Scroll without removing the Additional Options permanently, as those stats cannot be re-obtained. And as far as we know, Nexon has no plans to re-introduce AO's at the moment. Thus I'd rather keep that window open for a better end result, even if that requires me to wait and not take the most cost efficient path...
 
Anyway, I am not entirely sure what to cube to Legendary next, but I'm considering to cube my Sengoku Hakase Badge because it is the only 4th tier Potential equipment that I currently wear. But man, seeing that Ribgol with those green borders really fills me a much needed joy that has been absent here for a while.
 
That's it for now - I'll see you guys again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment